Job Seekers Forum (known as Key Connection in Doxa Deo) helps local churches reduce unemployment by creating pathways to work for people who are between jobs.
This project helps the local church to provide a Job Seekers Forum mutual support group and coaching to help people prepare themselves for the job application process. In addition creating a network of employment opportunities through the businesses and organisations represented and connected to the local church.
Would you like to talk to the Job Seekers Forum team about launching this project in your church? Please let us know which email address they can contact you on.
TO REPLICATE THIS PROJECT YOUR CHURCH WILL NEED
⦿ People who are between jobs
⦿ Lead volunteer & assistant
⦿ The beginnings of a network of potential employers
HOW TO RUN THIS PROJECT
1. Recruit a lead volunteer and assistant who have a passion for helping people into employment.
2. Undertake Job Seekers Forum facilitator training eg CV, presentation skills and interview technique etc.
3. Advertise the Job Seekers Forum in the community through social media and ask agencies to refer candidates.
4. Develop a network of potential employers starting with businesses and organisations represented in the local church and extending out to those they know.
5. Launch your local church-led Job Seekers Forum.