Adopt-a-Police Station helps local churches to build a genuine relationship with the leadership and team of their local police station.
This project helps the local church to offer moral, emotional and prayer support to the local police. Also providing practical help including the offer of refurbishing the Police Station and support developing community projects. The partnership creates valuable, meaningful relationships between the church and the police, and ultimately to the reduction in crime and stronger community.
Would you like to talk to the Adopt-a-Police Station team about launching this project in your church? Please let us know which email address they can contact you on.
TO REPLICATE THIS PROJECT YOUR CHURCH WILL NEED
⦿ Identify a local police station
⦿ Recruit volunteers with a heart for police and community
⦿ Consistent prayer, encouragement and service
HOW TO RUN THIS PROJECT
1. Recruit volunteers who have a heart to serve the police and community and appoint a lead volunteer.
2. Mobilise the church to pray specifically for the police and community.
3. Initiate (or strengthen) the churches relationship with the leadership and team of your local police station.
4. Ask the police how the church can best serve them.
5. Serve the police perhaps through chaplaincy, a prayer line, refurbishing rooms, improving the grounds, developing community engagement initiatives and in the ways they ask.
6. Track police performance, crime reduction and community cohesion.