COACH helps local churches to support families and young people in tough places by providing one to one mentors known as ‘friends with purpose’.
Local churches are provided with training app, materials and videos to enable them to be effective mentors. All the required policies and procedures to ensure safety and to enable time and energy of volunteers goes into relationship building.
COACH mobilises ordinary people for extra-ordinary community impact. Find out more at coachnetwork.org or watch this message from founder Toby Baxter below.
Would you like to talk to the COACH team about launching this project in your church? Please let us know which email address they can contact you on.
TO REPLICATE THIS PROJECT YOUR CHURCH WILL NEED
⦿ Families and young people in your community doing life tough
⦿ Church volunteers with a heart for people doing life tough and able to coach (listen, question and support)
⦿ A lead volunteer to co-ordinate the programme
HOW TO RUN THIS PROJECT
1. Contact the COACH team to discuss what is required from a local church.
2. Arrange for volunteers to complete COACH training and screening.
3. Recruit families doing life tough who would like some help.
4. Match volunteer mentors with families doing life tough.
5. Provide support to volunteer mentors and monitor outcomes for families.
See More Projects
Helping local churches address the root causes of domestic violence in their communities.
Mainly Music helps local churches host fun music groups for families in their community.